In accordance with CDC guidelines for child-focused entities, masks must be worn at all times for guests over 2 years of age as well as staff. Currently, those under 12 do not have access to a vaccine so we are doing our part to protect our little friends.
Join us on December 5th, 2021 to celebrate the holidays at the ECM. Families will have lots of fun and lots to do at our Arctic Express event!
- The debut of our Into The Arctic! exhibit at the Nickel Plate Station
- Professional photos with Santa for families and/or kids Booking Required (purchase of wristband includes a photo with Santa)
- Train rides, hot cocoa & cookies (coffee for moms and dads!)
- Craft table where kids can make food for Santa’s reindeer
- Arctic Walk Feature: An arctic-themed recycled art contest, with submissions from local middle school groups and other community groups, including their research and discoveries about how climate change is affecting their subject. Submit a sculpture here by 11/5
- Watch a professional chainsaw artist carve a tree in the Discovery Garden
Wristbands to the event cost $5 per person over 2yrs old. They can be purchased either by booking a photo time or via the button below.
OPEN FOR EXPLORATION:
Admission: $7/person, ages one and over
Members are free
ECM is CLOSED on the following holidays:
- Fourth of July
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Day
Interested in Working or Volunteering at the ECM?
- There are currently no job listings but we always welcome volunteer applications! More details below.
Since opening our discovery garden in 2018, Edwardsville Children's Museum has helped kids grow their love of the great outdoors through free play and exploration.
But what will the futures of our little adventurers look like as the climate crisis grows and the world’s forests disappear before their eyes? While fighting deforestation requires a global effort, there is something we can do to affect real change in our neck of the woods.
Through the Edwardsville Children’s Museum Micro Forest project, we’re bringing the community together to build a better world for our kids, one tree at a time.
at the Age of Wonder
At The Edwardsville Children’s Museum we are committed to stimulating curiosity and cultivating learning at the age of wonder.
We believe that kids of all ages learn through discovery and hands on play. Our exhibits and programs are designed to build happy and curious learners from ages 6 months - 60 years.