Check out some images of our new Science Room, brought to us by the Employee Community Fund of Boeing!
See the inner workings of electricity in your home, play with the shadow box to see why shadows are the way they are, build a building and see if it stands up to an earthquake, and explore the habitat of squirrels and birds!
We are open Tuesday starting at 10 a.m.!
On October 14, every person in the area has the chance to support The Children’s Museum through Once Upon a Town. Make a purchase at any of the following, and mention the Museum at check out and a potion of your sale will go to the Museum:
- To Do’s
- Olive Oils & More
- Tot Spot Children’s Resale
- Studio Eleven Salon & Spa
- Edwardsville Flea Market…
- Happy Up Inc.
- Sweeties Confections
- Afterwords Bookstore
- Wang Gang Asian Eats N Beats
Thank you all for your support!
The Science Room at The Children’s Museum has been totally redone thanks to a generous grant from the Employee Community Fund of Boeing!
The exhibit will be open to the public Sat., Oct. 5 from 10 a.m. – noon. Members will get a special preview on Oct. 4 from 6 – 8 p.m. for free!
Exhibits in the new science room include:
- Nature area with tree, birds and living frog.
- Moonscape with space ship lander, rovers and astronauts.
- Earthquake simulator with various building materials to see if you can build a safe structure.
- Building station – various materials to try your hand a building bridges and buildings
A huge thank you to the Museum Board and Boeing for helping make this redesign possible!
Spend your summer at the Museum! Our summer camp programming is designed to stimulate your child’s curiosity and imagination while engaging them in fun, high quality educational activities!
Classes meet on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Camps include Animal Planet, Top Chef and Camp Messy where kids get a ‘hands-in’ experience with fun messy art projects, crafts and activities.
Registration closes one week prior to the program date or when the program is sold out. Registration forms can be mailed in, dropped off or completed via phone (618-692-2094).
Enjoy a night out to support The Children’s Museum!
On May 11, starting at 6:30 p.m. we will be hosting a Night At The Races at the Edwardsville American Legion (58 S. State Route 157). The ticket cost, $35 per person, includes two drink tickets, appatizers and ‘betting money’ to bet on horse races that will be played throughout the event. Once the races are complete a live auction will begin!
There are several ways to get involved with The Children’s Museum –
- Volunteer – We love helping hands and volunteering is a great way to get involved with the Museum. Please call us to find out more about volunteer opportunities.
- Donate – Your controbutions, both financial and supplies, go to developing new and existing exhibits. You can even donate to the Museum through our website and PayPal account.
- Join the Board or a Committee – Use your special skills to help the Museum develop and grow by joining the board or one of the committees like marketing, development or education.
Many thanks to all those who have helped The Children’s Museum!
Looking for a fun, affordable alternative to the standard “birthday” party? Well, look no further! Host your child’s next birthday party at The Children’s Museum in Edwardsville! Our affordable birthday party packages create an unforgettable experience for you and your guests on your child’s special day.
From set up to clean up, we take care of the entire party. You won’t have to lift a finger, unless you want to rummage through our rousing exhibits! Not only do we take care of set up and clean up, but our friendly birthday party hosts also make the party a breeze for you as they serve refreshments and make sure you and your guests enjoy the party!